Dr. Harold Brumley delivered his first baby in Austin Texas in 1962, and with that delivery Austin Area Obstetrics and Gynecology was born! Much has changed since those days but AAOBGYN still prides its self on providing comprehensive and personal care to our Obstetric patients. All of the Doctors in the group are board certified and are well trained in normal and high-risk obstetrics, and provide a very wide range of services and state of the art technology to each of our patients. All of our doctors manage multiple gestations.
Unlike some practices that simply rotate patients among physicians when it comes time for delivery, our physicians deliver the vast majority of their own patients.
* All of the necessary pregnancy evaluations and tests are performed in house, such that you do not have to travel to outside labs or radiology facilities.
* You will receive a sonogram on your first obstetrical visit to verify the health of your pregnancy, and to determine your baby’s due date.
* Subsequent evaluations such as lab work, sonography and fetal testing are also performed in the comfort of our office which allows the doctors to provide immediate testing should the condition of you or your baby need immediate attention.
Our facility provides:
* A CLIA certified laboratory where all blood and other specimens are collected in house.
* A sonography department that is accredited by ACR (American College of Radiology). Our sonographers are fully licensed for obstetrical ultrasound which allows us to provide …
* If necessary your physician can perform amniocentesis for chromosomal analysis.
At mid pregnancy;
* All patients receive a level II ultrasound, which includes visualization of the baby’s internal brain anatomy, chambers and valves of the heart, liver, lungs, spine, diaphragm, face, kidneys, and measurements of fetal size.
* If you desire, you can also know the sex of your baby at this time!
* If necessary, we can also provide serial growth scans, biophysical profiles, and electronic fetal monitoring.
* During you pregnancy we are required by Texas Law to discuss options regarding collection of your baby’s cord blood stem cells. We will provide you with information and explain why we support this practice.
Many situations require referral to specialist for consultation:
* Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist provide additional for high risk and extremely complex situations. This type of co-management helps to insure the best possible care for both you and your baby.
* It is also common to work with medicine subspecialists such as endocrinologists, rheumatologists, nephrologists, general surgeons and even psychiatrists when appropriate.
* Nutritionists, physical therapists and lactation specialists can be very helpful as well.
* AAOBGYN nursing staff teaches classes for you and your partner, such as Lamaze childbirth, baby basics, breast-feeding basics, sibling classes and infant CPR.
Obstetric Billing Procedures:
* Our billing office and our insurance specialists will review your policy coverage on your first visit. Most of our obstetrical patients do not understand their insurance policies and coverage, and this attention to detail helps you to plan your pregnancy expenses.
* Your claims are then submitted electronically and timely, with high accuracy. This attention to your insurance policy avoids late or inaccurately filed claims, which unfortunately can take months to reconcile. No one wants a surprise bill after baby is born, when you should be spending time enjoying your new baby!
* Realizing that babies don’t always come when you expect them to, there will always be circumstances when your doctor is not available for your delivery. However, the covering AAOBGYN doctors and nurses will work extra hard to provide the same level of care and personal service you would expect from your own doctor.
Our entire office staff and doctors take great pride in the personal service we provide to our patients. This level of personal care is what we believe keeps us the number 1 obstetrical practice in Austin.